Women and Firearms at Cajun Arms
Learn to safely use your gun
At Cajun Arms, we cater to all shooters from every walk of life, age, and gender! As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves in offering the best and most patient service in the Delaware Valley- especially for new shooters and women.
We de-mystify guns and learning how to use them. The majority of our classes are comprised of men and women. We occasionally run a women's only class or teach a private class of all women, but the majority of classes are co-ed. Many ladies have confided in us that they prefer the mix and like the camaraderie that builds with the other students as the class progresses.
We take the time to ensure your gun fits
At the retail level, we meet with every new shooter and make sure they go home with a gun that fits them and that they will be able to handle. We do not presume that every woman needs a 38 special snubbie. If you are ever in a gun store that does that, RUN out and come to Cajun Arms. Everyone has different needs, strength and weaknesses: men and women! There is no one gun fits all. We also offer rental guns and equipment for our firearms classes. This is a great way to try a few guns to figure out what will work!
Give us a call or send us an email to discuss your needs.
- Why Are You Just Standing There? Shooting From Unconventional Positions
- New Gun, New Habits
- Home Defense Shotgun Set Up
- What Should I be Doing at the Range?
- Fighting From The Ground
- Take Charge of Recoil, don’t let it control you…
- Think Before You Speak
- Grab a Partner
- The Risks of Being Nice…
- Lead With Your Eyes (not your muzzle)
- Train as You Carry… Leave the competition and tactical gear behind
- KNIFE VS GUN - A quick scenario to ponder
- Frankengun vs Factory
- Memory - Program Yourself
- Training for Injury
- Lights and Lasers and YouTube Ninjas
- Our Stance on Your Stance
- Training for More Than One Attacker…
- Keep Your Head On - Consistency
- Defensive Shotgun Accessory Do’s and Don’ts
- Charlottesville - lies and hypocrites
- Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger…
- …and Re-holster
- Unauthorized persons…
- Focus on What will Save Your Life
- Train for Success with your Firearms
- Every Day is a Good Day to Be Ready
- Appendix Carry - Is it right for you?
- Learn to see the light...
- Anti-Gun Sentiment on the Intarwebs…
- Avoidance and Awareness
- Point Shooting: Does it work? Do you know what it is?
- About your self-defense carry ammo...
- See the Whole Picture... Know how to reload reflexively
- One-Handed Shooting
- Every Bullet Has a Price...
- On Magazine Changes... fighting for your life
- There is Such a Thing as Too Fast...
- A Threat at Arm's Length
- In defensive shooting, missing your target has consequences...
- AR15 for Home-Defense
- Operating out of your Comfort Zone...
- Every Bullet Has A Price - Operational Speed
- Car (or Truck) Gun Safety
- Keep a Clear Head
- Get Training!
- Women and Firearms at Cajun Arms